Monday, August 30, 2010

I got a job! :)

Our neighbor's son is going back to school this week.  He gets home at 3:30 but his mom doesn't get out of work until 5:30, so she asked me if I would be willing to come over from 3:15 until she gets home so he won't be home alone.  I'm so happy!  She's willing to pay me $5 an hour (I guess that's the average rate for babysitting nowadays) and I'll be babysitting every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoon from now on!  I'd work for her every day if I could, but I have flute lessons on Tuesday afternoons and Fridays are very unpredictable for me.  But that's still $30 a week that I wouldn't have otherwise.  

Which means that - not including the bread I sell during the month - I'll make $120 a month and it will only take 5 months to earn the remaining $600 I'll need to buy my harp!  And what's even better is that I just discovered that the Harp Connection has a rental plan!  So, I pay a $125 deposit + $50/month for 4 months and at the end of the 4 months, I'll have the option to purchase my Ravenna or keep renting.  

I'm so excited because this means that if all goes well with this babysitting job, I could possibly get my harp NEXT MONTH!!!!!  You can't possibly comprehend how excited I am right now... [waves cheerleading pompoms and jumps up and down]

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
~Shelby